Friday, January 27, 2012

Pain is such a strong thing.

Since about Tuesday after my morning walk/run with Cooper on the trails I have been really sore in my hip and knee. What's new right? But even though I was told it was ok to push through it just nags at my soul. How long can one endure pain and keep a positive attitude? Well Pain has won again and I have been eating poorly.

I Met with my Rheumatologist and let him know that I was told the pain I am feeling is most likely not associated with the labral tears in my hip in which he agreed that they would not hurt as bad as i hurt. I let him know that the only thing that even seems to cut it is large doses of Ibuprofen which I know is an absolute NO for me with Lupus and the danger it plays into my Kidney. I mention stuff like this to him to hopefully get something other than Vicodin; which to me works about as well as tic tacs, I sereiously need to take 3 of them to evn get small relief. Yesterday he gave me a small tube to sample of Voltaren Gel. It is some sort of medicated gel you run on your joints ever 6 hours for relief. If it works I will get a prescription for it. I HOPE IT WORKS. I can not handle living in pain and I dont do well without getting outside for exercise. I can not handle indoor stuff, ugh bullet in my mouth.

So Voltaran gel, let's get this pain gone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment