Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snow Dog and the New beginning

Cooper training for Skijoring next year
Well, I am back. Not even close to a hundred percent but my commitment to getting stronger has been rejuvenated. I have to give some huge credit to my Dr.'s although I am not in full remission, i feel strong enough to start the process.


First time hooked up to harness and all ready to go
This is my new training buddy. His Name is Cooper. in this picture he is 5 months old today about 70 lbs and absolutely is lover of snow and running. I have big hopes for him and I together. He just has a never ending bit of energy so I need to keep him moving.

Skijor harness will be bikejoring and canicross with this as well

My new beginnings are going to approach being an athlete rather than a runner. I want to be a runner more than anything, but I am not sure that pushing myself up into hi miles will be something that my body is going to accept willingly, so taking baby steps and becoming and all around more balanced, including mountain biking and swimming in the summer plus add in Yoga, Pilates weights etc.. I have made a commitment to avoid roads this year unless they are the only way to connect trail systems. I am also thinking that winter will be my primary time of year.

I had a awakening today that gives me hope. I have wanted Arrowhead for a long time now and after being diagnosed I have almost seen this be a nonexistent possibility. Now I have a reawakening. I still have the opportunity to try Arrowhead with Ski's or Bike. and who knows maybe running someday. I will take what ever path my body allows.

1 comment:

  1. I have learned to accept some of the limitations that my own body has laid out for me. That was made crystal clear through my acupuncture session. I no longer feel compelled to make excuses for my fear of loud noises, bright lights or crowds. My body and brain do not like those things. Instead, I accept it and make accommodations for myself so that I can thrive. Not just survive. You are doing the same. Figuring out how to thrive, regardless of the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete