Saturday, January 21, 2012

A little bit of catch up..

Well January is fast coming to a close and my life has not changed much as far as health but my attitude about my health is changing.

I am going through Chemo Therapy infusions at the hospital and they seem to be doing what they were meant to do. I dont feel like I have to sleep sitting at my desk near as often, my headaches are starting to tape, but in fairness i am trying out my 4th Migraine medicine and I believe it to be a winner.

Met with a second orthopedic to discuss the tears in my hip and their connection to my hip pain. He reviewed the results from my MRI and then put me through a quick series of tests. He told me that my Back has a fracture in the lumber vertebrae which I already knew, but that I also had a partially slipped disk and arthritis. He believes my back is the culprit. He was able to get me in same day for a Steroid shot into my Hip Joint, told me it would take a few days to know if it feeling better. The Dr. that did the shot let me know it was most likely being done as a diagnostic measure. The great news is the Orthopedic told me to get out and start moving as well as get my weight back off, i assured him that would not be a problem if I can exercise.

Stopped on the way home and ordered a pair of waxless back country XC Ski's and a harness arrived yesterday as well for Cooper, so Him and I can both get out and do some exercise together, I will have him pull my pulk this winter, get a mountain bike this summer teach him Bikejoring and transiton him back into Skijoring next Winter.

SO.. that brings up my next Topic that from here on out I will keep focused on for 20 months. The return of me to Sawtooth 100Mile and doing with Lupus. I normally would have just put it down for this year however I have a feeling that with my Lupus flaring off and on i should take this the slow way and learn how to do this. The biggest change I think for me is I believe that I am going to do this with a smaller mileage total, so my training will pretty much be based on hills. so i will count long hikes into it plus add in swimming, biking and weights. The other obstacles will be my hip and back. Have I mentioned I HATE CORE WORK!! but looks like it will be a necessary evil. Now the advantage i have is, I believe I am one of the mentally toughest people I have met so I know that part of the training does not need work anymore. (well not true Core work will take a strong will to push myself).

My plans are also to set up a Fund-raising page for the Lupus foundation and use my running to raise awareness and money.

So. that is what is new with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment