Saturday, June 16, 2012

trail time with friends

What a great way to start out my Saturday. I met Wayne and Brian at 8 AM today and started on what was supposed to be a 10 mile hike. I am happy to report that it turned into a 10 1/2 mile trail run/hike. still walked all the up hills and struggled on many of the steep ones. But most of the nice easy flats and downs were ran with a smile. I was definitely tired at the end but with that being said if It would have been 3 miles longer I could have made it as well, however I had run out of my 64 ounces of water in my hydration pack at the end.
The vitals:
253lbs
70 plus degrees
constant rain
three stops for photos of the views.
10.5 miles
3:13:28
18:26 avg pace
1590 calories burned
 These are from Garmin so a bit higher than actual but, but probably only by 500 each side.
Total ascent: 3604
Total descent: 3664

Used to do this loop in about 2:00- 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment